Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Goals for 2016? Whew!

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Tuesday! The new year is approaching like a 747 landing... need I say very quickly indeed! This morning as I opened my inbox, I receive a weekly email from the Female Entrepreneur Association, and I do have to say that I look forward each week to getting this email! This morning I was able to watch a ten minute "masterclass" webinar on setting goals for 2016. As I think about what I want to accomplish in 2016, this advice is noteworthy so I wanted to share it with you! Michelle Simmonds, a life coach and INTUITIVE SUCCESS COACH . www.michellesimmonds.com. was the guest speaker and you can hop on over to her website as well for awesome advice. In her ten minute masterclass on establishing your 2016 goals, she gives five tips or pieces of advice shall we say! I would love to share them with you all. First, she stated to release your resentment or give yourself permission for it to be okay that you were not able to accomplish everything on you goal list for 2015. Relieve the pressure and know that, "Life Happens!" Secondly, and I do believe this piece of advice is huge... establish incremental goals for yourself! I have experienced this firsthand in several areas of my life; the one that comes to mind first is that of going back to school to be a student again in my educational career. in 1994 (what seems life 100 years ago), I decided I would return to graduate school to pursue my doctorate of philosophy degree in curriculum and instruction and administration. This degree included an additional 148 hours because of the minors that I aspired to have as well. There were many, many times that I told myself that I would never finish. There was even one semester that I didn't register I was so burned out with school; however, my mother had the forethought to go ahead and register me despite my kicking and screaming. From that day forward, I set incremental goals in pursuing that degree, and in May of 1999 I graduated! This piece of advice is huge and it works!! Thirdly, Michelle suggested that as you look at your proposed goals for 2016, give some thought to your list being formulated from a holistic perspective meaning look at your goals from the following categories, if you will, to determine what are your goals holistically... (1) spirituality; (2) financially; (3) emotionally; (4) physically; (5) relationships; (6) personal development; and (7) travel. Next, reward yourself for achieving a goal, and you might even look at rewarding yourself for achieving an incremental goal. Your reward should parallel to the size of your goal. Finally, her fifth piece of advice is to utilize some mental energy and "drop down into your heart area (leaving your mind area)" and ask yourself does this goal align with your values? Does this goal "feel right?" Visualize your goals happening and then make sure that you put into place plans of action to make them happen!

Throughout this entire week, we will continue to look at tools to help you "SUPERWOMEN" be all that you can be!

I'm cheering for you!
Terri

This is not me! LOL... This is Michelle! I wanted to make sure that you have the right Michelle because as you could expect it there are several Michelle's out there in cyberspace! Read more of her advice... she really seems to be right on target!

No comments:

Post a Comment