Monday, February 22, 2016

Whew! Superwomen, It Has Been Busy!


I trust everyone is having a great Monday morning! I know that it has been a few days since we last discussed all those wonderful things things help us to be superwomen, and I apologize for that; however, mercy me, it's been a little exciting at my house! On Friday morning, I realized that I really needed to take "Belle Bullies Queen Rhea" back to the vet for a check-up because I knew that she was getting "ginormous" to say the least. So, off we went! I had to help her up in the car so I knew she was getting to the miserable point. I have been anxiously awaiting this time since I got "Herbert 'Jax' King Rhea" and "Belle Bullies Queen Rhea." Babies... babies... babies... English Bulldog babies... so I wondered if today (Friday) might be the day! Well, after examining and weighing her, it was discovered that she had gained 15 lbs. in one week exactly! Whew! Poor Gal! So, it was time for the c-section and time to get to see those babies! Well, mom did well with the section and you won't believe this but she had 11, yes, 11 big babies of all different color schemes... oh me oh my... I don't know how much you all might know about English Bulldogs but they must have a lot of help with their babies. Their mouths aren't designed to pick them up and move them around for nursing, etc. As well, if you have ever had a dog that had a c-section, they don't automatically bond with their babies for obvious reasons.... they are groggy and their bodies have to figure out what has happened since it didn't happen naturally. Henceforth, I know that I took care of three small baby boys at one time and that there were many sleepless nights with bottle feedings, etc.; however, I was anywhere from 21-24 years old! Have mercy on my soul! I'm 47, and this is some work folks! Now, I understand why "Bullies" cost a lot of money! Tons of "sweat equity" for these babies! We get  up every two hours, I set my stopwatch for 15 minutes and I let one group nurse. Then, when the timer goes off, I put that group back to bed and let the other group nurse, and then guess what, we do it all over again in two hours LOL. I'm exhausted and I am not the momma! Here are a few pics of our babies! We are so excited!
Belle says, "what have I gotten myself into?"

"I will just nap a little bit... just for a few minutes!"

Here's a close-up of all of the babies!
So, now you all see what I have been doing for the last three days with several more days to go! This brings me back to a topic that we have already investigated superwomen... that of how we manage our time -- that old monster and topic "time management." But, I want us to look at it from a bit of a different perspective this morning. Look at this quote and I think you will see where I am going with this:

Is this not profound? WOW! What gears are you not using adequately?
I would like you to think about that today in your hurried up pace! What gears are you not using that you have been "gifted with from God?" It is imperative that we use all of our gears to be all that we can be!

So, take a look at these two organizers as a start! Categorize all of your "to-dos" in these four quadrants and see if you can't take a stab at better managing your time and finding yourself able to "kick it into another gear... a gear that you haven't used in awhile!"


Use either of these and get on that bike and ride like you have never ridden before!

Have a great Monday and stay dry if you can! I will be here at home doing what... you guessed it being a nanny to 11 English Bulldog puppies!

Terri




No comments:

Post a Comment